- Category: Smoothies
April 3, 2017
This isn’t the tastiest smoothie you’ll ever enjoy. The more you like lemon and ginger, the better off you are on this one!
At the earliest sign of an oncoming cold, I use this to stop it in its tracks. And it does! The big boost of Vitamin C as well as the flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber in the lemon combined with the flavor and digestion aid of the cucumber makes for quick and immediate fighting response to oncoming illness. The added benefit of ginger to help with digestion, immunity and the fight against bacterial infections – as well as reducing nausea – is a no brainer when you’re not feeling great.
Did you know that lemon peel contains at least FIVE TIMES the amount of Vitamin C as lemon juice? As antibacterial defense, lemons are attributed with deep cleansing from your countertop to your liver. You need a cleanse? Lemon, parsley and ginger are just the ticket.
- 1/2-1 ORGANIC lemon*
- 1/2 cucumber, with peel*
- 8 ounces of filtered water
- handful of fresh parsley
- small knob of fresh, raw ginger, grated
- Cut the lemon in quarters
- Place in high powered blender with the rest of the ingredients
- Blend on high until smooth
- Drink straight down, do not pass go!
- If you can handle it, skip the ice. While it’s refreshing, it’s not great for your digestion
- GO ORGANIC on anything you’re eating the peel on. The pesticide residue on the skins are not to be eaten as is.
- For an easy ginger prep that keeps raw ginger always on hand, check out this video!
- If pulp makes you gag, strain it through a metal strainer. You’ll miss out on the great fiber but it’s still better than nothing!